Tuesday, June 10, 2008

National Pigeon Day: June 13, 2008!

Just in case you're living under a rock and are therefore not up on the latest events, you should be aware that this Friday, June 13, 2008 is:

NATIONAL PIGEON DAY

No, I'm not joking! This is for reals! Apparently, the Flatbush Pigeon has made such an impression the country is compelled to give her a national holiday. ;-)
BTW, I am registered at Sammy's Pigeon Feed and Supply House as well as with Jose the Pigeon Trainer. (I have to keep up with my flying lessons. As a street scavenger, I never really got the flying thing down all that much.)
Look, we even have an anthem!

National Pigeon Day Anthem
"Cher Ami"lyrics and music by Scott Massarsky (C2008)www.myspace.com/scottmassarskyandthemakeshiftorchestra

I’m coming home
I’m coming home today
I’m on my own
With a message to relay
And though it’s cold
I will make my way
To you
To you
My wings spread out
As I take to flightcause
I was taught
To fly through the night
My secret lies within my feet
And All that’s left of my Cher Ami
Is a note
A note
A note
No do not cry
No not for me
The Shrapnel flies
I would die for my country
Look to the sky
It’s where I’ll always be
You always be
My Cher Ami
So come home
Come home
So come home
Come home
An act of love
An act of chivalry
Where are you now
Oh now my Cher Ami
Please come home

No comments:

Subscribe in a reader